Monday, August 19, 2013

Our New Home

In the time span of one year we have lived in five different apartments! In her nine months of life Brylee has lived in four.  This Pennsylvania apartment may not be my favorite apartment but I am excited to be somewhere for more than a few months and for a place to really feel like home.  Every time we moved I knew we weren't going to be in the apartment for long so I never got to unpack all my boxes, but I finally did!  We never got to see the apartment before we moved in so we talked and said that if we didn't love it we could always move when the lease was up.  After all the moving we've done recently I decided we are Never, ever ever moving again until we are leaving Pennsylvania!  Luckily, I actually like the apartment.  Housing is crazy expensive here, and everything is really old.  Our place has done a nice job of renovating.

We love the little town we're in, it feels very safe. There are trees everywhere, its gorgeous! So here are a few pics of the new place:



Living room, it looks a little bare with just our loveseat and recliner.  Definitely regret selling our couch and loveseat in Rexburg!




 One of the worst things about our apartment is the tiny kitchen! they recently renovated so the cabinets and counter are cute, they just forgot to put some on the other side of the kitchen.  There's hardly any counter space or storage.  There is only one tiny little drawer.  My kitchen is extremely cluttered because there is no space, thus i am storing my kitchen knives on top of the refrigerator, I know not the safest place. Brylee loves that we store our food on the carts, she thinks its so fun to play with! 

Dining room,, we still need to get a table.
Our tiny little bathroom!


 Sam's favorite part of the apartment is the intercom.  There is a door to our apartment building that lets you into the different apartments (like Seinfeld)  you have to have a key to get in or have someone buzz you in.  Instead of taking the key with him when he leaves Sam makes me buzz him in, and he won't come in until I actually talk over the intercom!



We have a balcony off of our bedroom, and we love our view. Here's a few more pics of the courtyard.



Now for the slightly scary part of the apartment.  unfortunately we don't have a washer and dryer in our apartment, but there is one in the basement.  The basement is kind of creepy especially if the lights are off.  The good news is, if we ever have a tornado we have a place to go!

Storage Room


We're enjoying this apartment and look forward to living here long term, which for us is more than four months!  I'm still working on Bry's room, it's turning out pretty cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment