Saturday, October 5, 2013

Jersey Shore and More

I've been quite the slacker at blogging.  I have so much to catch  up on.  Instead of having a mile long post I'm just going to write about our fun weekend, and maybe one day I'll catch up on everything else we've been up to. 

First I have to say that Sam and I are a little lonesome for Oklahoma.  The other day in the car we were talking about how we miss Oklahoma, and immediately we passed Oklahoma ave.  We went to an outlet mall today, but it just made us miss the mall in Oklahoma...it was way better!

We've been having fabulous weather here in PA, like 80 degrees while the west is freezing.  Sam and I decided to go to the beach.  Since its October and usually its not this warm we had to take advantage of the great weather. As soon as new got to New Jersey it started to be overcast and kind of chilly, which we definitely weren't prepared for.  Luckily there happened to be a blanket in the car for Brylee so we weren't completely neglectful parents. We took a little walk on the board walk and luckily the weather warmed up.  We ate lunch on the beach and let Miss Brylee play in the sand.  And oh my was she in heaven she LOVED it.  It made walking a little rough though so she mostly stuck to crawling.  She discovered the seagulls, and would chase after them.  It was the cutest thing she would crawl after one sea gull then noticed another one and chase after that one.  She recently started pointing at things, so she kept pointing out the birds to us. 
Look a Seagull
I will get it!

I'm comin'






I've been taking lots of videos of our sweet bay girl.  It makes me so sad that Brylee has hardly been around her family.  Since I have the cutest baby on earth I thought you might need to get your Brylee fix so here are a few videos to make you smile.  


Brylee is at such a fun age.  I love the little tiny newborn stage, minus the colic and up every two hours part.  But this is the funnest age.  She is too funny.  Wherever we go she always makes someone smile. She is walking now, but still crawls.  She also is signing.  Right now the only sign she knows it milk, but I was so proud of her when she started using it.  She says mama a lot, and sometimes when she's whining she reaches for me and says mama over and over.  Sam isn't too sure she's actually saying mama, but I'm convinced she is.  So her first word might just be mama! Miss Brylee loves dancing, during breakfast we listen to hymns or calm piano music but during the day she has to get her fill of dancing music!  She's got some killer moves.  If we really want to get her laughing we dance with her, pick her up and spin around with her. 


We took her on a hike the other day.  There is a huge park system in Philadelphia.  There's a large forest and hiking trails within this park not too far from us.  I love it because you're in the city but you are secluded enough that you feel like your in the mountains.  I was carrying Brylee and had the camelpack on.  I showed Brylee how to drink out of it.  Then she kept sticking it in my mouth and pulling it out.  She was laughing so hard, apparently it was a pretty funny thing to do to mama.  Sam would try to get a drink and she would pull it out of his mouth and give it to me. 






No comments:

Post a Comment