Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Glencairn Museum

A little while ago we went with some friends to Glencairn Museum.  It's a castle that some rich fellow built, he also was a religous art collector, so the castle is now a museum.  Ironically he built it during the great depression.  The place was amazing, there was so much detail and symbolism introwoven throught the architecture. 

Sometimes I get really annoyed living in Philly. Like when i have to deal with the "Philly attitude" or the terrrrrrrible drivers.  The one amazing perk that you can't get anywhere else is the endless supply of things to do and history to see!  Being able to go on these amazing adventures completely makes up for the awful drivers. 
Brylee had so much fun with her friend Owen.


This place was amazing not only was a sweet castle, the exhibits were amazing too.  My favorite was the Egyptian room, they even had a mummy (all you saw was the sarcophagus). It was out in the open, and Brylee definitely tried to touch, ah!





  I can't imagine what it would have been like living in a castle.  There was even an elevator that was original.  I was a little nervous using it.  They built a beautiful observation deck.  I can imagine it would have been a blast playing hide and seek as a kid. Sam and I have gone on a few tours of historic mansions.  I've always wondered what if Brylee spits up and I'm not able to catch.  well she definitely did that here.  Luckily it was !just hard wood floor, not a priceless Persian rug!  It was a great tour and I can't wait to see more!

No comments:

Post a Comment