Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Dallas





Since we moved to Oklahoma Sam and I have been wanting to explore downtown Oklahoma.  We finally did it!  OKC has a very nice downtown area.  We stopped at the Oklahoma City Bombing Memorial.  It’s a beautiful memorial.  Next to the reflection pond is The Field of Empty Chairs.  Each chair represents a person whose life was taken in the bombing.  There are nineteen small chairs representing the nineteen children that were killed.  
 





Also on the grounds is the survivors’ tree.  The tree miraculously survived the bombing and represents those who survived the attack.











 We then went to an area of OKC called Bricktown.  It’s a very beautiful area that surrounds a canal.  Sam and I enjoyed walking around the beautiful landscaping.








 









There’s a water taxi available to take a cruise down the canal, someday we’ll have to go back and take a ride.  While walking along the canal my poor swollen pregnancy feet were done, I was ready to call it a day.  However, Sam wasn’t done playing so he had to entice me with the reward of ice cream if I kept going.  So of course I kept going J. We stopped at a creamery that tasted just like Cold Stone.  They claim they were the first and Cold Stone copied them.  It was delicious and worth the walk.


No comments:

Post a Comment