Thursday, May 22, 2014

Washington DC

Wow, I am extremely behind in blogging.  We've gone on a couple day trips...like a month or two ago and I'm finally blogging about it.  Sam had never been to DC so over his spring break we did a two day trip there.  It takes us about three hours to get there from out place.  While we were there we wanted to see the DC temple.  It is gorgeous.  As you are driving along the freeway suddenly the temple appears above you.  All lit up it looks like a castle.

The first day we visited the National Zoo, and Arlington Cemetary.  Brylee loved the zoo.  Sam and I loved the baby tigers and baby panda.  I think Brylee's favorite were the gorillas.  They were right next to the glass so she got a very good view of them.  It was cute, she kept saying hi to them.


Brylee is not a big fan of the stroller. she is a busy girl and would much rather be running than riding in a stroller.  This was the only way I could get her to stay on the stroller!



On the second day we visited all the memorials, the White House, Capital, and few of the museums.  We loved DC.  When I visited in high school it was my favorite city.  I told Sam that it is probably the only big city I could actually live in.  I love it, everything is free, and its so clean and white.

Selfie at the White House.

Changing of the guard at theTomb of the Unknown Soldier.



This is how Brylee prefers to be carried on Sam's shoulders. Silly girl loves being upside down!




Posing next to the WWII Memorial.  My Gramps served in the Navy during the war.




Korean War memorial, somehow we missed the Vietnam Memorial.

It was a fun trip.  I'm so glad we have the chance to live out here and experience the rich history.  I couldn't live in the East forever, but I'm so thankful for the opportunity to live out here for a couple years and have so many experiences we otherwise wouldn't have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment