Wednesday, September 12, 2012

This post is a little out of order but that's okay.  Before we moved to Oklahoma we wanted to do some camping, we wanted to take advantage of the mountains while we still had them.  Sam and his friend Kye planned a trip to Jackson, Wyoming.  For all those Wyomians who I may have offended in my last post I think I may redeem myself here.  So not ALL of Wyoming is flat ugly and lacking in green  vegetation.  Jackson is beautiful.  I can't beleive in the four years I lived in Rexburg I only visited twice.  We rented some canoes and planned an over night camping trip.

I love the Tetons, and they are especially beautiful from the Wyoming side.  We stopped and took a few pictures before making our way to the lake.  Unfortunately there was a smokey haze so the mountins are a little hard to see in this picture.

 
 

Our first destination was Lee Lake.  There is no road access to Lee Lake so in order to get there you have to canoe through anoth lake, String Lake, and portage in.  The water was surprisingly warm for a mountian lake.  The boys, of course, had fun jumping off any large rocks we could find.




 
And THE best picture of the day...gotta love the look on his face.

 
 
Lee Lake was one of the most beautiful places I have been to.  Because it's not easily accessible, there were very few people out on the lake.  We only saw a few campers and we were the only ones canoeing.  I loved it!  It was so peaceful. 
 
 
 

 
The water was so calm it looked like glass.  I loved seeing the reflection of the mountains. This was one of favorite pictures.
 
 
So it was completely "real" camping.  We didn't actually cook dinner ourselves.  We went into the bustling city of Jackson to enjoy some spectacular gourmet pizza!
 
 
On our way home we stopped to let a herd of bison cross the road.  And yes we were just like the tourists and stopped to take pictures.

 
 

 
On our last day there we canoed down the Snake river. 
 
 
 
It was such a great trip!  I'm loving Oklahoma, but I miss the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment