Friday, September 28, 2012


Sam and I have had fun exploring Oklahoma.  We discovered a little nature park close to our apartments.  It was a very pretty area right inside the city.  I’ve come to love the red rock/ red dirt in Oklahoma. 



Last weekend Sam and I discovered a unique gas station called Pop’s.  It’s a gas station/diner/pop store.  This place had over 600 different flavors of pop, all in glass bottles.  Sam and I were a little boring at first he chose a root beer and I settled for cream soda. It was a difficult decision considering there were 65 different brands of root beer.  They even had a few bottles to embrace the current presidential election.



Before we left Sam and I decided we would be a little more adventurous and try a different flavor.  Sam chose a very yummy huckleberry pop.  For the last couple weeks I have been craving a Shirley temple.  I tried to satisfy the craving with a cherry 7up, but unfortunately it didn’t hit the spot.  I was excited to find that Pop’s actually had a real Shirley Temple bottled drink, and it was delicious.  It still wasn’t quite as good as the Shirley Temples my mom makes, but still good.  

Pop’s is located on Route 66, so we decided to take a little cruise down the old highway. 
On our way home we stopped at Lake Arcadia.  The lake is only 15 minutes from our home.  The lake was beautiful, and we enjoyed walking around the lake. 




The worst part of the day was when I discovered this giant spider…probably the worst thing about living in Oklahoma is the size of the spiders.  Fortunately, I have never found one in our apartment, but I’ve seen them in the parking lot.  This spider was at least three inches long.  Sam and I were walking and found a gazebo we wanted to sit in when something stopped me in my tracks.  This spider was gigantic, I couldn’t even get close to take a picture, I left that business to Sam.


Other than the spiders we really are enjoying Oklahoma.  We’re just getting anxious waiting for the arrival of our little princess.  Only seven more weeks!  It still seems like we have forever, but I know it will be here before we know it.

2 comments:

  1. How did you decorate those cute onsies? Love them. And that spider? Seriously freaky. And I thought the 1 1/2 inch one I saw in my basement was nasty! BTW, cute belly! Glad you guys are enjoying Oklahoma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just used heat n bond ultra and ironed them on. I can't believe you saw a spider that big in your house! I would have freaked.

    ReplyDelete