Sunday, September 9, 2012

Whew...I have so much to catch up on so it might take a few posts!


It has been a crazy last couple weeks.  We are now all settled in Oklahoma (well kind of, I still have LOTS of unpacking to do). We had so much going on in August, the move kind of snuck up on us.  We were still packing up to the moment we were ready to leave.  It was a long drive…20 hours.  Sam and I caravanned.  We were worried our Camry wouldn’t make it, but she was a trooper.
The first part of the drive was gorgeous. We drove through Palisades in Idaho.  Then we hit Wyoming and Kansas and the drive instantly became more boring.  
This is what we saw for the majority of the drive.  Apparently there are parts of Wyoming where even the grass doesn't grow.

Since there was no grass in Wyoming we found a nice piece of concrete to eat our lunch on!

We packed lunches for the drive but realized we had packed all our sandwich baggies.  So instead we used paper towels and packaging tape!

The first day we spent the night with Sam’s aunt and uncle in Loveland, CO.  They have a gorgeous house on a lake.  Sam had fun kayaking while we were there.  It was our first trip to Colorado, and we fell in love with it.  We could definitely see ourselves living there one day.  
Sam Kayaking in the Franckum's backyard!
The next day I was so anxious to be in Oklahoma.  The temperature was around 105 for most of the drive, poor Sam didn’t have air conditioning!  We finally made it.  We love our apartment complex. A few things we love:
1. Automatic Gates:  I guess its the farm girl in me who spent way too much time jumping out of the truck to open gates, but I just love the idea of driving up to a gate and having it open automatically. 

2. Courtyards: There are lots of gorgeous courtyards to walk around (but let’s be honest I don't do much walking outside because it is WAY too hot). 

3. Swimming Pools: The pool has been a life saver.  I think it has been over 100 degrees every day since we’ve been here. 

4. Air Conditioning: What we love most about the apartment though is the AC.  It hasn’t been turned off once since we moved in.

5. Giant bathtub: One of my biggest disappointments in the past apartments I have lived in have been the fact that the bathtub was tiny.  We now have a giant oval tub.  Too bad I currently can't enjoy taking long luxurious hot baths. (It's okay baby girl you are worth it).

6.  Washer and Dryer: Yes we finally have a washer and dryer in our apartment! It's heavenly, oh the simple pleasures in life.

As you can see we're pretty happy with our living situation, we should be considering how much we are paying! Oklahoma has certainly been an adventure.  First, I was surprised how pretty it actually is here.  So there's no mountains but they at least have green grass and lots of trees. Maybe there is a purpose to Wyoming, anywhere else you go is gorgeous compared to it!  It is stinkin hot here though (Next week we should be in the 90's! Whoohoo).  Even the wind is hot!  The weirdest part for me has been the fact that it doesn't cool down at night.  At midnight the temperature is still in the 80's!  I've slacked on the blogging lately, but I have lots to catch up on, so I promise to redeem myself!

1 comment:

  1. Mary and Sam, It iwas fun to read your blog! You are an amazing couple and know you will be super wonderful parents. Congratulations on all you are doing! Best wishes and Love, Jim and Margie Franckum

    ReplyDelete